Saturday, December 19, 2009

Sophie's Baby Shower

The baby shower was very nice and well attended. Brian's family and my family were there. I was very sad that my sister in Germany couldn't attend though. We were lucky so many people could come due to the late notice and proximity to Christmas. My doctor won't let me travel more than an hour away from the hospital after Christmas. So my options for the baby shower date were limited.

There weren't many pictures of my belly's profile. However, it's sufficient to show you the extent of my growth. I have been getting some interesting questions from people at work about it. Some of the frequent responses are as follows:

No, I am not having twins.
Actually, Sophie is an average size.
Yes, I am "spreading" ... due to the fact that I am almost 7 months pregnant.
Yes, I used to be smaller, not so much anymore.


Kira and Alaina, two of our nieces, helped us open the presents. My mom made me wear the tiara, which says "New Mom To Be." I made my mom wear a surgical mask since she had pneumonia (my OB's suggestion). Fortunately she could take it off by the time the shower started. She wouldn't let me take any pictures of that. Sophie got a lot of cute clothes and books, as well as some other items. More pictures will follow. I am getting tired so I'll post more pictures of the shower later.

1 comment:

  1. You will be so glad to have all those books once Sophie arrives! And I'm sorry that you'll have to put up with annoying (and often dumb) questions for 3 more months. Looking forward to more shower pics!!

    ReplyDelete