Sunday, January 17, 2010

Sophie's Nursery


I love the swing that my Aunt Becki, Aunt Janie, and cousins Rachel and Beth got us. It's adorable. I can already picture Sophie relaxing . . . or screaming her head off in it, depending on her mood. Sophie is quite the active little baby. She kicks throughout the day and night, but she is most active between 5 and 6am and 7 to 8pm. Just recently, Brian has been able to see my belly move when Sophie is kicking. And it moves pretty violently. It usually doesn't hurt and it's nice to know that she is still doing okay in there.


This is the valance my mom bought us when she came to help us with the registry. It was nice to have help because Brian and I were extremely overwhelmed with the choices and had no idea what we were doing. Brian bought and installed cordless blinds for all the rooms in the house. Safety first. He also did a great job painting the nursery.


Brian keeps joking that Sophie now has more matching furniture than we do. But seriously, he's right. The crib is awesome. My parents bought it for us. It's convertible to a toddler, daybed, and full size bed. Furniture hasn't been much of a priority for me and Brian so it's nice to know we don't have to worry about getting a couple more beds for Sophie. Now we just need to get crib rail guards so that Sophie doesn't ruin it when she starts teething. My parents also got us a glider that will go in the other available corner.

Brian installed the closet shelving unit so that Sophie would have more space to play in her room. I helped with putting the crib, changing table, and some of the drawers together as much as I could. It's becoming much more difficult for me to move. There's a lot of grunting and moaning when I have to get out of the car or up from the floor, sofa, or bed. Yes, I know it will get worse. At least the weather is getting better and I don't have to wear socks anymore.

Brian's been working so hard on getting the house ready for Sophie. Fortunately, it is all coming together and there's not that much more left to do. We'll have a couple of months left of relative peace before Sophie joins our household.

2 comments:

  1. The nursery looks great! I'm sure Sophie will like it. You two are doing a great job. Love the color and love you, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job, Guy's! Sophie will be living in style. Time is going so fast. Soon she'll be here and I'm looking forward to meeting her. Love, Dad

    ReplyDelete