Sophie was sleeping well until she went to get her first bath, and that woke her up, and made her very upset. So upset that she slept soundly from about 8:30PM to almost midnight when we woke her up for a feeding. After her feeding weakly and falling asleep for about 90 minutes, we were about to give up.....but she left me a sticky present in her diaper. Well, the cold wipes on her bum woke her up, and she stayed up. She was too lazy to latch on and really eat well, but fussy when I tried to swaddle her and she would not go to sleep. Katie and I passed her back and forth in a "here, she's tired.....no here you go she's hungry" system for the next 2 hours, and didn't get her satisfied until she fell asleep on Katie around 3:30AM. I woke up on the couch to find the nurse changing her diaper and tending to Katie. She fussed, but the nurses are very fast to swaddle her tightly....much faster and tighter than I can manage...particularly when she's fighting. Thankfully she went down around 4AM and slept soundly until after 6AM so Katie and I got a few hours sleep.
Sophie likes to have her hands free, and likes to make cooing noises. Here's a video to give you the gist.
Mike again. Benjamin just played your video 11 times in a row.
ReplyDeleteSophie is beautiful. Congratulations!
That's my niece! She is beautiful :-) Congratulations!
ReplyDeleteShe is so beautiful!! I love her so much. She is such a cuddle bug. Keep those pictures coming. Love, Nana
ReplyDeleteShe is out-of-this world adorable! Congratulations and I hope everyone is doing well. Love, Aunt Janie
ReplyDeleteLove the video! She is adorable :)
ReplyDelete