Saturday, March 27, 2010

Hooray for Supplemental Formula Feeding


Since my milk had not come in yet Sophie has lost some weight. The pediatrician suggested we supplement with formula in the meantime. At first I was afraid Sophie would be confused by switching between breastfeeding and formula so early. Fortunately Sophie has this feeding thing down pretty well. It has been a blessing actually, since now she is more alert and can put more effort into breastfeeding. It's also been nice for Brian to be involved in feeding Sophie so he's not always the mean guy. Brian or my mom will give her the bottle while I only handle the breastfeeding; that helps prevent any confusion.

Once we introduced formula into Sophie's diet, she started hiccuping. She did a lot of hiccuping in the womb too.

Sorry this post is a little disjointed. I have been working on this when I can since Saturday. I think Sophie is going through a growth spurt; she has been on hourly feedings. Brian and I are very tired.



2 comments:

  1. "Brian or my mom will give her the bottle while I only handle the breastfeeding; that helps prevent any confusion."

    I'm glad to hear that Brian isn't doing any breastfeeding.

    ReplyDelete
  2. believe me, Sophie tries, although she could probably use a weed wacker to get to my nipples

    ReplyDelete